Capitol City Baptist Church Core Beliefs
We believe the Bible to be the Inspired and Preserved Word of God.
- That the 66 books of the Old and New Testament were inspired by God through the Holy Spirit.
- That the Bible has been preserved in English today for us in the King James Version.
- That the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct · 2 Timothy 3:16
We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute deity of our Lord Jesus Christ
- In His eternal existence, with the Father in pre-incarnate glory
- In His work of creation, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death and bodily resurrection
- In His triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute deity of the Holy Spirit
- Who convinces of sin, of righteousness and of judgment
- Who regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, illuminates, and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ
- Who baptizes believers at salvation into the Body of Christ and bestows upon them His gifts sovereignly as He wills and fills those yielded to Him
We believe that Adam was divinely created in the image of God
- That by the sin of disobedience he fell from that state
- That all his posterity are born sinners before God
- That all men therefore are guilty before God and condemned to physical and spiritual death
We believe that salvation is by the sovereign grace of God
- That by the Father, Christ voluntarily suffered death in our place
- That justification is by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ
- That those who believe on Christ shall be divinely preserved and ultimately perfected in the image of the Lord